All the overnight market action in numbers:
- SPI futures -5 points at 5934
- AUD at +0.3% at US78.8¢
- On Wall St: Dow -1%, S&P 500 -0.6%, Nasdaq -0.2%
- In New York, BHP +0.8%, Rio +0.3%
- In Europe: Stoxx 600 -0.2%, Dax +0.1%, FTSE -0.1%
- Spot gold -0.1% at $US1325.25/ounce
- Brent crude +0.3% at $US64.84/barrel
- Iron ore up $US1.86 to $US71.64/tonne
- 10-year bond yield: US 2.82%
On the economic agenda:
- New Zealand quarterly GDP data
- Melbourne Institute inflation expectations
- RBA quarterly bulletin
- Swiss central bank rate decision
- Philly Fed and Empire State US manufacturing indices
Stocks to watch:
- Wesfarmers Upgraded to Outperform at Credit Suisse
- Ex-Dividend: Ausdrill, Automotive Holdings, Bapcor, Contact Energy, Inghams Group, McMillan Shakespeare, Spark NZ
Good morning and welcome to the Markets Live blog for Thursday.
Your editor today is Sarah Turner.
This blog is not intended as investment advice.
Fairfax Media with wires.